NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We have an exciting opportunity for a number of Learning Support Assistants (Teaching Assistants – Level 2) to join the team at the Oxted School on a permanent basis. Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal and listening skills with a commitment to helping each student achieve their full potential.
Please note: We are looking for staff in both part time (for a minimum of 2 days per week) and full time roles. Please highlight clearly on your application form the number of days (2, 3, 4 or 5) that you are applying for.
Working Pattern: Monday To Friday, 8.30am To 4.12pm With A 30 Minute Unpaid Lunch Break
This position may be of interest to people who wish to consider a career in teaching to get classroom experience prior to commencing teacher training.
This is an excellent opportunity and an exciting time to join Oxted School, one of Surrey’s largest, with c1800 on roll including c300 in our Sixth Form. We are a highly inclusive school within a very supportive Multi Academy Trust (THPT).
Our reflective and skilled staff and wonderful students make Oxted School a rewarding and invigorating place to work. Our exceptional staff care about our pupils and really do ‘Bring out the Best’ in everyone.
"Oxted is a GOOD school in all areas' OFSTED February 2022.
The OFSTED inspectors observed what we see every day at Oxted School:
- The school presents a calm and orderly environment that is conducive to learning. Pupils behave well.
- Leaders and staff have very high expectations and aspirations for all pupils
- Pupils’ physical and mental health are well supported by the school. Relationships are positive, encouraging and purposeful
- The provision for visually impaired pupils is exceptional
- Sixth-form students are excellent role models for younger pupils
- Pupils feel that they are given every possible opportunity to grow both academically and as individuals. Their leadership skills are actively encouraged and supported
- Disadvantaged pupils and those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) do as well as their peers because of the extra support provided
- The school’s size allows it to offer a broad curriculum with considerable choice.
The inclusive community values which are so important to us mean that you will be well supported by both your colleagues and the Senior Leadership Team. We pride ourselves on the high-quality professional development and career progression opportunities available to all our colleagues, and we work hard to ensure that staff wellbeing and workload are central to our approach. Our colleagues also thrive on their commitment to our wide range of extra-curricular activities, including being one of the largest Duke of Edinburgh centres in the country.
Oxted School is part of The Howard Partnership Trust (THPT), and we work closely with our partner schools to share best practice and raise standards. THPT value their staff very highly, and this is reflected in the excellent retention rates across the Trust.
THPT can offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and developing organisation
- Excellent benefit package to include Cycle to Work, Sainsbury’s Loyalty Discount and access to discount schemes
- Fantastic Local Government Pension Scheme, including generous employer contributions
- Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty and Service Awards
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
Interviews may take place prior to the closing date by mutual agreement.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”.