Start Date: September 2022
MPR/UPR Pay Award Pending
Please Note We Would Consider Applicants Who Are Looking Part-Time, If The Full Time Role Can Be Covered In This Way.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, dedicated, and innovative Teacher of English to join our team at Oxted School. We are looking for an inspirational teacher who can help us to ‘Bring out the Best’ in our students and improve the life chances of the young people we educate.
"Oxted is a GOOD school in all areas' OFSTED February 2022. The OFSTED inspectors observed what we see every day at Oxted School:
- The school presents a calm and orderly environment that is conducive to learning. Pupils behave well.
- Leaders and staff have very high expectations and aspirations for all pupils
- Pupils’ physical and mental health are well supported by the school. Relationships are positive, encouraging and purposeful
- The provision for visually impaired pupils is exceptional
- Sixth-form students are excellent role models for younger pupils
- Pupils feel that they are given every possible opportunity to grow both academically and as individuals. Their leadership skills are actively encouraged and supported
- Disadvantaged pupils and those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) do as well as their peers because of the extra support provided
- The school’s size allows it to offer a broad curriculum with considerable choice.
Our reflective and skilled staff and wonderful students make Oxted School a rewarding and invigorating place to work. The inclusive community values which are so important to us mean that you will be well supported by both your colleagues and the Senior Leadership Team. We pride ourselves on the high-quality professional development and career progression opportunities available to all our colleagues, and we work hard to ensure that staff wellbeing and workload are central to our approach. Our colleagues also thrive on their commitment to our wide range of extra-curricular activities, including being one of the largest Duke of Edinburgh centres in the country.
If you would like to request a tour of the school, or meet with us informally before applying, then please contact the Head of school, Russell Bond
We would welcome applications from Early Careers Teachers (ECT). We offer an excellent Welcome Payment of £2,000 (conditions apply) and a supportive programme with a mentor and reduce timetable.
THPT value their staff very highly, as reflected in the excellent retention rates across the Trust. THPT also operate an extensive Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty & Service Awards, access to discount schemes and membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme.
For more information on Oxted School and working within The Howard Partnership Trusts and what we can offer please visit our website
Interviews may happen earlier than the closing date by mutual agreement, early applications are encouraged. Where Possible Interviews Will Be Held On Site Within Our Schools And We Will Adhere To Our Current Covid Policy For External Visitors. Otherwise Interviews Will Be Held Remotely By Teams.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”.