We Are Happy To Receive A CV And Supporting Statement In The First Instance To Be Considered Before A Full Application Is Made.
Start Date: September 2022
MPR/UPR Pay Award Pending Plus A TLR 1a £8291pa.
A Recruitment Allowance Is Also Available To This Role (To Be Discussed At Interview)
Please Note We Would Consider Applicants Who Are Looking Part-Time, If The Full Time Role Can Be Covered In This Way.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, dedicated, and innovative Head of Computing and ICT to join our Computing Faculty at Oxted School. We are looking for an inspirational leader who can help us to ‘Bring out the Best’ in our students and improve the life chances of the young people we educate.
This is an excellent opportunity and an exciting time to join Oxted School, one of Surrey’s largest, with c1800 on roll including c300 in our Sixth Form. We are a highly inclusive school within a very supportive Multi Academy Trust (THPT).
Our reflective and skilled staff and wonderful students make Oxted School a rewarding and invigorating place to work. Our exceptional staff care about our pupils and really do Bring out the Best in everyone.
"Oxted is a GOOD school in all areas' OFSTED February 2022.
The OFSTED inspectors observed what we see every day at Oxted School:
- The school presents a calm and orderly environment that is conducive to learning. Pupils behave well.
- Leaders and staff have very high expectations and aspirations for all pupils
- Pupils’ physical and mental health are well supported by the school. Relationships are positive, encouraging and purposeful
- The provision for visually impaired pupils is exceptional
- Sixth-form students are excellent role models for younger pupils
- They feel that they are given every possible opportunity to grow both academically and as individuals. Their leadership skills are actively encouraged and supported
- Disadvantaged pupils and those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) do as well as their peers because of the extra support provided
- The school’s size allows it to offer a broad curriculum with considerable choice.
The inclusive community values which are so important to us mean that you will be well supported by both your colleagues and the Senior Leadership Team. We pride ourselves on the high-quality professional development and career progression opportunities available to all our colleagues, and we work hard to ensure that staff wellbeing and workload are central to our approach. Our colleagues also thrive on their commitment to our wide range of extra-curricular activities, including being one of the largest Duke of Edinburgh centres in the country.
THPT value their staff very highly, as reflected in the excellent retention rates across the Trust. THPT also operate an extensive Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty & Service Awards, access to discount schemes and membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme. Regular staff sport after school and staff social events.
For more information on Oxted School and working within The Howard Partnership Trusts and what we can offer please visit our website.
Interviews may happen earlier than the closing date by mutual agreement, early applications are encouraged.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”.